An IT services provider to a leading government-licensed gaming business serving emerging markets mainly across Africa.
The client offers a dynamic and rewarding environment for high-achievers looking to work and learn alongside with like-minded individuals and build scalable products and technology which provide entertainment to millions of users
Purpose of Role
- The successful candidate will be experienced in mobile internet business particularly the sports, gaming and lotteries sector, with an excellent level of knowledge from both an end user and business perspective, combined with a strong understanding of the technology, systems, platforms and partner integrations needed to deliver a market leading experience.
- The candidate will work on a product roadmap for sports, gaming and lotteries services.
- The candidate will work closely with stakeholders to develop requirements aligned to the strategy, overseeing product strategy, working closely with development teams and ensuring business readiness of any new product release.
- The candidate will be passionate for the product, user experience and development & innovation.
- Defining of prioritised product roadmap based on key business drivers, competitor analysis and user-driven research, availability of technical resources in discussion with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Delivery of product requirements to support the vision of product roadmap.
- Development of business cases to demonstrate the benefits of the roadmap and measurement of subsequent level of success through predetermined KPIs.
- Acquisition of a complete functional understanding of the systems and platforms required to facilitate the end to end customer experience.
- Daily interaction with internal and external development partners to clarify development requirements and to drive development and third-party integrations in an agile environment.
- Daily interaction with the internal QA team to ensure features are delivered as expected including user-acceptance testing of new developments.
- Regular interaction with key business areas including marketing and operations to ensure that new features are developed based on their needs and clearly communicated to them.
- Research, define, recommend and implement digital specific innovation across the customer experience.
- Seek input from external and internal stakeholders and keep abreast of industry and sector best practice.
- Awareness of regulatory environment and the associated impact on the product and customer experience.
Skills and Educational / Qualification Requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Degree or Masters in a business or technology discipline is essential.
- Agile qualification preferred.
- Complete digital technical & functional understanding across all products, specifically sports, gaming & lottery apps.
- Managing sprint teams in an agile framework.
- Experience in defining business requirements in the context of software and application development from a customer viewpoint.
- Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience of working with scrum agile delivery methods.
- Experience of working with UI/UX teams.
- Must possess an understanding of gaming customers, and their needs, wants and expectations. Previous experience in the gaming industry essential.
Back to vacancies
Apply for this job