Director of Online Sports . USA .
My client is an established, well known and respected gambling business which is rapidly establishing an online business in the US in anticipation of regulatory change. The Senior Team will include a Director of Online Sports- this is a critical hire with leadership responsibility for Sports P&L.
If you are currently a Director of Sports or Head of Sports seeking a demanding but exciting new challenge in a start-up environment backed by a globally recognised and substantial business, this could be for you .
Remuneration will be at a level to attract the best talent.
Purpose of the Role
To design, implement and manage the Online Sports product lifecycle, including development of the Online Sports marketing and revenue strategy. The Director of Online Sports will be responsible for the creation, execution and oversight of the Company’s Online Sports product that attracts, engages, and retains customers, and achieves revenue targets.
Detailed Job Description
- Execute on marketing and revenue strategy which aligns with the Company’s brand that will attract, engage, and retain customers
- Collaborate with Product and Marketing teams to ensure customer research and analysis aligns with the development roadmap for all Online Sports products and user experiences
- Design and implement an overall marketing and customer acquisition & retention strategy for the Online Sports product offering
- Responsible to actively manage department and Online Sports product-related project budgets
- Define existing and future organization and resource requirements; and collaborate with Human Resources to effectively build a long-term resource and organization plan for the Online Sports team
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing, with all pertinent stakeholders, customers and external contacts
- Recommend the Online Sports business and marketing strategy and objectives to the Executive team having regard to the company’s responsibilities to its shareholders, customers, employees and other stakeholders
- Implement strategies and objectives approved by the Executive Team and monitor operational performance
- Review and monitor the performance of the Online Sports product to regularly prepare and report results, competitive performance, future opportunities, management initiatives, regulatory issues, competitor activity, and key risks
- Ensure product and technical compliance with all statutory, regulatory, and legal requirements
- Promote a positive image within the industry and community
Minimum Person Requirements :
- 3+ years’ experience in online gaming or sports betting
- Demonstrated experience designing, launching, and managing a successful online gaming operation across multiple markets and multiple channels
- Experience in Marketing, Operations, and Gaming
- Experience working in a highly regulated environment
- Analytical and strategic thinker, monitors industry trends and adjusts business strategy to stay ahead of the market
- Able to confidently present complex information to the stakeholders in a simplified manner
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing best in class digital and Omni-channel operations
- Extensive experience driving business transformation at the corporate level – with the ability to increase revenue, and grow and improve long-term product offering
- Experience of working closely with an Executive team, including exposure to and reporting to Senior level staff
- Ability to successfully manage vendor and customer relationships
- A reputation for attracting retaining and developing top talent
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be confident in one’s ability to assess situations and make informed decisions
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to obtain and/or be eligible for regulatory licensing, where applicable
Back to vacancies
Apply for this job