Sorry, this job has now closed. However, you can take a look at similar jobs on the right or use our search engine for others that are still open.
Reporting into the platform team lead, the Cyber Security Specialists play a crucial role in supporting the team with implementation of security frameworks and solutions throughout the software development and product life-cycles.
The Security Specialists liaise with the business at all levels to ensure that security is incorporated seamlessly in everything that the dev teams do. The successful applicant will champion systems and data security working within agile methodologies to ensure that security is an enabler. The Specialist acts as the business owner’s subject matter expert on security, providing guidance and support at every stage. The specialist is responsible for providing best-practice security guidance throughout the product life-cycle from inception to project delivery and ongoing operation. Working with senior management, product owners, architects, developers, engineers and service managers to deliver security in synergy with the business.
You will need to have a desire to learn new technologies and apply them where appropriate to improve the quality of the products and processes.
- Keep up to date with the latest security and technology developments
- Research/evaluate emerging cyber security threats and ways to manage them
- Plan for disaster recovery in the event of any security breaches
- Monitor for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorised or illegal activity
- Test and evaluate security products
- Design new security systems or upgrade existing ones
- Use advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Engage in 'ethical hacking', for example, simulating security breaches
- Identify potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption
- Investigate security alerts and provide incident response
- Monitor identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorised system users
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Kubernetes/Docker
- Disaster Recovery
- Penetration Testing
- Cyber Operations
- Agile Methodologies
- Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI)
- Some knowledge of Java & Python is hugely beneficial
Back to vacancies
Apply for this job