The VP of Sports – Product will lead our clients sports product and will play an integral role in ensuring its success.
This critical function reports directly into the CPO and will liaise closely with other senior leaders across the business within commercial, product and technology. The VP of Sports - Product is responsible for the end-to-end sports product and product strategy including the front end, server and trading platform.
- Lead the sports book vertical product teams
- Lead the sportsbook product strategy with a focus on gap analysis, innovation and fulfilling client and customer needs
- Prioritize work queues efficiently and accurately, with overall responsibility for creating and maintaining our central roadmap for all product features and development
- Directly manage the core product teams (server, frontend and trading platform).
- Liaise closely with the VP of Sports Commercial & Operations and the COO to ensure our sportsbook offering is competitive and product features are developed in line with commercial requirements & priorities.
- Closely monitor product KPI’s and performance and suggest improvements and initiatives to drive the product forward.
- Work closely with the commercial teams when onboarding customers and taking on customer requests
- Ensure that the product specs coming from your team are clear, comprehensive and accurate
- Liaise with compliance to ensure the product is adapted and long term adaptable for specific regulatory requirements in licensed jurisdictions.
- Liaise with the Marketing teams to ensure that the Pragmatic Play Sports Book is optimally presented and marketed.
- In-depth understanding of sportsbook products, sportsbook KPI’s and success factors: You have experience in similar roles and understand the drivers that create a successful sportsbook. You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and can operate both on a strategic as well as on an operational level.
- Strong leadership, communication, and people skills: You will lead a large and expanding team and excellent leadership skills are a must. The role requires interaction with various teams across the company and for you to communicate effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Great prioritization and road mapping skills: You’re confident in preparing roadmaps with the right items in the right order. You have strong analytical skills and can work effectively in Excel, Monday, Miro or other road mapping and product development tools.
- Working to the highest standards, even under pressure: You’re ambitious, hold yourself to high standards and thrive in a dynamic, high-energy environment. You take ownership and responsibility and pride yourself on delivering high quality work.
- Pragmatism & Flexibility: You are comfortable with uncertainty and can adapt to changing priorities, client needs and market conditions. You are able to distinguish between high priority and low priority items and are able to focus your efforts accordingly.
- Passion for sports-betting: You are passionate about sports-betting and want to be part of a winning team