Senior Data Scientist - RemotePosted 38 days ago
Ta' Xbiex, MaltaUp to 70k EUR DOEJob Reference: 34308
Our client, a Software Development company in the iGaming industry, is hiring a Data Scientist to join their team in Europe! This role can be onsite in Italy, Malta or remote within Europe.
You will join a rapidly growing team of data scientists applying machine learning algorithms to big data pipelines, which handle large amounts of data events every minute. With an emphasis on scalability, the client’s data science team implements machine learning models trained on big data and provide predicted values to internal teams and external clients.
Skills & Qualifications;
- Contribute new ML models to a REST API that provides on-demand predictions.
- Maintain and improve existing ML models and pipelines.
- Delegate tasks, guide and provide support to less experienced data scientists in order to realise the successful completion of collaborative projects.
- Evaluate machine learning models with mathematical rigour translated to examples of real business cases.
- Select and employ advanced statistical procedures to obtain actionable insights.
- Suggest ways in which insights obtained can be used to enrich business strategies.
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!
- 3+ years in a Data Science / Statistician role
- Advanced experience with cloud computing and in managing and deploying containerised applications (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Cloud Run).
- Proficiency in Python and its web frameworks, experience with Git version control and in-depth understanding of SQL.
- Experience working with big data technologies
- Knowledge of Airflow, NoSQL databases, real-time data streams (e.g. Dataflow, Spark streaming or Kafka stream) would be a plus.
- Ability to implement best practices in software development.