Junior Pre-Event Trader (Basketball)Posted 14 days ago
Sao Paulo BrazilCOMPETITIVEJob Reference: 34599
A leading Gaming operator is looking for a Junior Pre-Event Basketball Trader to join their international team. This role will be hybrid in Sao Paulo, Brazil
Working as a Junior Pre-Event Basketball Trader, you will be a key part of our expanding Pre-Event team responsible for the odds compiling and the risk management of a variety of domestic and international Basketball leagues. The position sits within our Basketball team, contributing actively to our commitment to deliver a high-caliber customized betting offer and a best-in-class user experience for our customers.
• Trade Basketball events by delivering accurate pricing and ensuring the best possible customer experience;
• Odds compiling and end-to-end pricing responsibility for assigned Basketball leagues and special markets;
• Risk management by close monitoring and control of liabilities to ensure risk mitigation;
• Creation and pricing of basketball betting markets to enhance the product offering in the assigned leagues or to boost localized offering across the company footprint;
• Monitoring of customer betting patterns to identify potential risks;
• Deliver personal KPIs and ensure performance is in line with overall company targets both at Group level as well as per country of operations;
• Work with the in-house team to develop and improve existing models;
• Liaise with different Divisions and Departments across the business to ensure excellence of trading operations.
• Passionate about Basketball, with extensive interest and knowledge especially in the NBA;
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills with demonstrated knowledge of core statistics within the sports;
• Comprehension of sports odds;
• A degree in a quantitative subject such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, etc. would be considered an asset;
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to take quick and well-informed decisions and act accordingly;
• Sports enthusiast with a strong data and customer focused mindset and the drive to succeed in a fast paced environment;
• Excellent organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills;
• Fluency in English – both written and spoken;
• Sound knowledge of MS Office programs (particularly MS Excel);
• Willingness to work flexible hours in line with the business and sports calendar requirements including mostly evenings, nights and weekends.