A completely unique opportunity has arisen to work for a growing business that is located in Istanbul to head their Compliance team.
The company operates out of Istanbul and has just been granted a Master license to operate a 'Game of Chance'.
- Development and management of Turkish compliance policies and processes.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring and reporting for Turkish exchange transactions.
- Focusing on internal compliance policy review, including ongoing assessments, assisting with, internal audit reviews, and ongoing or ad hoc reviews for users or transactions.
- Providing statistics on monitoring completion and maintaining register as needed.
- Making recommendations for enhancing the firm’s systems, controls and processes.
- Responsible for the business’s overall risk management
- Key contact in the organization of local risk operations.
- Perform risk identification and assessment.
- Develop policies and standards to eliminate or minimize key risks
- Implement a strategic plan to prevent, eliminate and mitigate risks
- Identify key metrics for risk monitoring and conduct regular reporting for management and executive leadership.
- Fulfil all compliance regulatory and risk reporting requirements
- University degree in business administration, (business) law, finance, risk and treasury or similar.
- At least 7 years experience in risk, fraud, compliance, AML or regulatory function and experience working with any regulated financial services business in legal or compliance roles preferred.
- Certification in compliance or risk management is a big plus but not required.
- Proficiency in compliance applications and tools.
- Good overview of relevant legal and regulatory requirements as well as ICAAP and risk management KPIs and measures.
- Team spirit, very good analytical skills, a critical mindset and the ability to solve complex problems as well as a sense of responsibility and a proactive attitude are appreciated.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Passionate about crypto; fintech industry experience would be an advantage.
- Fluent English language skills are a must.
To be considered for this role you will be a Turkish National living close
An excellent salary is available for this role. to Istanbul.