Group MLROPosted 104 days ago
Malta, EUROPEAttractive SalaryJob Reference: 34696
An established iGaming company is looking to hire a Group MLRO. With a small team for support, working across a variety of jurisdictions, the main duties will include;
- Ensure that the Company's employees are adequately trained to identify and internally report transactions involving unusual or suspicious circumstances;
- Receive internal reports or disclosures of suspicious transactions, deciding whether these should be reported to the competent authorities and if appropriate, making such external reports;
- Report external suspicious activity and/or recording reasons for not reporting suspicious activity;
- Ensure that a defence (with appropriate consent) is applied for and acted upon as necessary;
- Maintain records of internal and external reports and subsequent actions taken;
- Respond to requests made by competent authorities as appropriate;
- Ensure that another qualified employee deputizes during temporary unavailability as designated employee or otherwise;
- Maintain insight in all high-risk customer accounts and conduct checks on a representative sample of customer accounts.
- Report to senior management and the board of directors on the effectiveness of the implementation of the Company’s AML/CFT framework;
- Provide the general counsel and legal, compliance and risk function with input on policies & procedures, manuals and guidelines concerning the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism.
An attractive salary is on offer for this position.
- Bachelor or higher degree in a relevant field
- Extensive proven experience in AML ideally within the iGaming industry or similar industry with a strong background working within an AML function
- Experience in dealing with different authorities such as MGA, FIAU, NCA, UKGC etc.
- In-depth knowledge of Money Laundering and Terrorist Finance regulations and other relevant regulatory obligations
- Ability to stay up to date with relevant developments
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be a person of integrity and sufficient seniority
- Be reliable, precise and well-organized
- Have strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to show commitment, dynamism and team player
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision