Due to expansion, an exciting Fintech business is looking to hire a Compliance Officer in Singapore.
You will help to detect fraudulent activity, suspicious/illegal behaviours and patterns, as well as assist in projects focused on preventing and detecting financial crime.
As part of the AML Investigations team, you’ll be responsible for conducting a variety of tasks such as alert reviews, investigations, preparing narrative information for STR filings, conducting enhanced due diligence, and participating in ad-hoc projects as needed.
You will use internal and external investigative resources and apply logical research techniques.
• Conduct daily reviews and triaging of alerts utilizing real-time blockchain analytics monitoring, manual reports or internal/external referrals.
• Review potential matches against various regulatory watchlists and conduct additional research to ascertain validity of matches; escalate potentially suspicious activity to management.
• Conduct regular risk assessments and monitor suspicious transactions to identify potential money laundering activities.
• Where appropriate, facilitate Requests for Information (RFIs) with cross-functional staff in the investigation of transaction monitoring cases.
• Conduct research using internal and external sources to help determine potentially suspicious activity and disposition of adverse news.
• Create, update and maintain files and records related to all supporting information used in mitigating the alerts.
• Filing of Suspicious Transaction Report to the relevant authorities globally depending on the Company’s obligation
• Work closely with other teams, such as KYC, Legal and IT Security Team, to ensure that all AML-related activities are aligned with the company’s overall compliance strategy.
• Assist with the validation of the transaction monitoring system or any updates required.
• 4+ years’ experience in conducting AML related alert reviews, account activity analysis and due-diligence in a financial services institution.
• Strong writing, analytical and communications skills. Must be able to execute tasks within tight deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills are necessary to work effectively with colleagues across regions and business units.
• Should be a self-starter, organized, detail oriented, and results driven.
• Excellent command of spoken and written English is required.
A competitive salary is available for this role.