My client, a leading company that offers hoteliers a powerful integrated platform, revolutionizing the way they manage their businesses. Is looking for a Data Engineer
to join their team on a full time basis.
Preferred locations - Cape Town, South Africa & Breda, Netherlands
Analysing company information and supporting Team Product, Sales, and Marketing. Our Data Engineer will be using large data sets to find opportunities for product and process optimisation and use models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They will make use of data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools to build and implement models. Creating algorithms and running simulations is also a part of this position.
• Working with our departments throughout the organisation to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
• Analyse and query data from company databases to drive optimisation and improvement of product development.
• Assist with capturing external data operating our crawlers and provide quality assurance on all real-time reports and boards that we operate on
• Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
• Use predictive modeling to increase and optimise our customers journey and experience, revenue generation, and other business outcomes.
• Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
• Data queries, analysis and modeling
• Proficiency in SQL
• Experience in PHP
• Skilled in mathematics and comfortable with the Linux command line
• Exceptional analytical and solution-oriented abilities, with a strong focus on driving product development
• Experience working with and creating data architectures.
• Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
• 3-5 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
• A degree or higher qualification in: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with: coding knowledge and experience with PHP and vuejs