Our client is seeking a talented and experienced Chief News Editor to join their team and contribute to their goal of creating the most informative sites in this vertical.
Working across primarily 3 websites in Crypto and FinTech, they boast some of the best search rankings in the industry (5+ million visits monthly), competing with many mainstream sites, such as forbes.com. Our client focuses on growth, and giving their audience trustworthy, reliable and informative content, with an emphasis on breaking news, engaging with industry thought leaders and leading the news agenda.
If you are knowledgeable about fintech, cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and the rapidly evolving world of decentralized finance (DeFi); have a passion for breaking news and delivering engaging stories that capture the attention of readers - you are most certainly in the right place.
As Chief News Editor, you'll be covering breaking news, market trends, and emerging technologies, while working closely with the editorial team to ensure all content is accurate, timely, and meets editorial standards. You will be responsible for creating and publishing original news content related to business, fintech and crypto on some of the biggest and best brands.
- Strategy and implementation of editorial policies and plans
- Oversight of news/editorial teams and news content production
- Management of staff, recruitment, budgets
- Ensure the client builds and maintains a best-in-class news function, including:
- Researching and producing original news stories related to the fintech/crypto industries, delivered in a timely manner, in line with content/editorial calendars and industry events
- Conducting interviews with industry experts and key players in the crypto space
- Monitoring, analyzing, and reporting of market trends, news developments, and regulatory changes related to the fintech/crypto industries
- Collaborating with other team members, including editors, writers and designers to produce engaging and informative content
- Acquisition of quality editorial talent to meet the needs of an expanding news operation as part of the wider Finixio media network.
- Manage and build out existing teams, including putting in place training programmes for continual professional development.
- Demonstrable xperience in an editorial leadership capacity, ideally news/editor in chief
- Strong knowledge of the fintech / crypto industries
- Excellent writing and research skills, with a keen eye for accuracy and detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines (organizing team to do the same)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a remote team environment
- Experience of managing a busy news desk and building editorial teams in fast-paced settings
- Familiarity with SEO best practices and the ability to optimize content for search engines
- Attractive salary
- A brilliant opportunity to grow your career & work with a fun, fast-paced & growing company
- An entrepreneurial environment where you learn more every day
- Build an organisation right from the ground up
- Personal responsibility lots of autonomy
- Work fully remote
- 30 days annual leave
- Market leading remuneration and bonuses + revenue/profit shares available
- Professional development and ongoing learning