C++ / NodeJS Software Engineer Hybrid CapetownPosted 33 days ago
Capetown600000 rand / yearJob Reference: 35575
Are you passionate about coding?
Our clinet is an international development company specialising in developing online games and supporting products and has been in the market for more than 15 years.
The company is expanding its development team and has an exciting new opportunity for the right candidate. If you are a highly skilled Software Engineer who is Technically Savvy, Passionate about coding and always eager to expand his/her skills, this might be the company for you.
• Collaborate with the development team to design, develop, and deploy high-quality web applications.
• Develop robust and scalable back-end systems using languages like Node. js and C++.
• Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code, following best practices and coding standards.
• Conduct thorough testing and debugging of applications to ensure optimal performance and reliability.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and deliver solutions that meet business needs.
• Stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies in web development.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete other reasonable duties to achieve business objectives.
Minimum Qualifications / Experience
• Full-stack developer
• Minimum of 1+ years developing code.
• Degree or Diploma in Computer Science / Software Engineering or equivalent experience
• Demonstratable experience with backend development using Node.js.
• (Applicants with excellent work experience and an ability to skill up and learn independently will also be considered.)
• Ability to work with little or no supervision. • Proficient in spoken and written English • Ability to acquire new skills and programming languages.
• Possess problem-solving skills and the ability to learn as you go along.
• Experience writing server-side code (preference can be client-side, but should have exposure to both)
• Backend technologies: Express, Molecular, MS SQL, MongoDB
• Frontend technologies: React/Redux
• Basic knowledge of the following: REST/RESTful APIs, Design Patterns, Algorithms and Data Structures
• Testing frameworks such as Mocha, Jest, etc.
• Be able to read and understand C++