The Software Engineer will work as a part of a larger team to design and develop custom software solutions that meet the needs of the business and our B2B partners. This role will also participate as a scrum team member and must join in mutually deliverable goals. They will have to coordinate efforts that maximize the contributions of the group. The ideal candidate will have strong software engineering and problem-solving skills and a desire to write testable and highly scalable solutions.
- Collaborate with peers and team members to design, write, and support user-facing features that further the organization's objectives.
- Research new technologies, techniques, and industry developments.
- Interpret and develop meaningful test plans and coordinate with quality assurance engineers to build, execute, and maintain automation scripts using Selenium and other testing tools.
- Identify and document defects discovered during test execution.
- Maintain and utilize Test-Driven Development (TDD) best practices while building custom software solutions that other developers and external business partners will use.
- Document and troubleshoot defects as required to maintain a successful and resilient platform
- Design and participate in developing front-end application and back-end business services interaction protocols (e.g., Web Services) for consumer-facing products presented through an RGS.
- Champions team upskilling by mentoring, teaching, training, and coaching to improve personal and team best practices and skill sets.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to identify and address the needs of users.
- Thorough understanding of software development best practices and procedures.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize tasks.
- Strong development skills developing in OOP and MVC/MVVM patterns
- Highly effective oral and written communication; ability to explain complex designs and relationships
- Ability to be licensed as an Employee by various racing and gaming jurisdictions in which we operate, as required.
- Authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Science/Systems or equivalent experience and industry certifications.
- 5+ years of demonstrated career progression.
- 2+ years of web automation experience, including web service automation.
- Experience with Serverless technologies
- Recent experience serving as a member of an Agile scrum team.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts.
- Strong communication, written, and interpersonal skills (required to establish and maintain interdepartmental relationships)
- Experience developing consumer-facing applications.
Physical Demands: The following physical and mental demands are representative of those that an employee must meet to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, sometimes for prolonged periods, while working at a desk, on the phone, and the computer; type on a computer keyboard; use hands to finger, handle or feel; talk or hear; reach with hands or arms; walk or stand; and perform some repetitive motion activities.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, color differentiation, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- This position requires working effectively as part of a team and concentrating on various details when faced with interruptions and changing work priorities.
- The mental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions, as described above, including but not limited to: demonstrated ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues; reason, calculate figures and amounts; collect, interpret, and understand complex data and information, and draw valid conclusions; analyze procedures and policies; and meet schedules in a dynamic and sometimes demanding work environment.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. The work environment characteristics represent those employees encounter while performing this job's essential functions in a typical office environment.
- An employee must meet the physical demands described here to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.