My Client in the iGaming industry is looking for a Director level Platform Engineer to join their brand-new office in Sofia.
You will be joining/leading a team of top server engineers that design and build the heart of games and product platform.
Technical expertise – Architecture & Systems Development
- Deep expertise in and experience with Java server side development, real time SOA and micro services architecture (9 years+)
- Expertise with REST API Concepts and Dropwizard/Jersey Framework, low-level networking (TCP stack) and Netty Framework
- 5 to 7+ years of design and delivery of high volume highly available back end infrastructures – Telcos / Trading / AdTech systems, etc. Excellent understanding of enterprise architecture patterns, UML.
- Gaming or Equity trading server side experience is a big plus
- Demonstrated experience delivering systems at large scale (20K+ mps) using Kafka and Hazelcast
- In depth understanding of the Distributed System Concepts: Leadership, Consensus, In-Sync Replicas, Partitioning
- 7+ years of hands on Java development, strong familiarity with C / C++
- Strong understanding of key security concepts and patterns
- Excellent understanding of enterprise and mobile facing systems architecture
Technical expertise - Data Management
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL DBs, specifically with Cassandra and MySQL
- Experience with cloud-based Big Data tools.
- Experience with Real Time Stream Analysis. Experience with ML and AI modeling a big plus.
Systems Operational maturity
- Experience building operationally mature, well instrumented, very highly scalable, highly available, secure systems
- Experience with Build Automation Tools: Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus, Docker Image Repositories
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes, Docker, DataDog, Stackdriver
- Excellent understanding of SDLC, Java development and continuous integration best practices. Expertise with Jira and Confluence a big plus.
- Excellent understanding of SDLC success factors
- Proven record managing resources allocation effectively
- Understanding of project KPIs and agile style progress reports
- Driving projects in Agile environment
- Experience configuring Jira / Confluence
Business partner expertise
- Strong understanding of monetization process for social games / mobile
- Intimately understanding of product, marketing challenges and how IT solves them
- Intimate understanding of delivery life-cycle outside technology
- Ability to inspire not just manage – genuinely nice guy
- Excellent communication skills and desire to communicate
- Proven record of driving change / moving people off their comfort zones
- Track record mentoring and rebuilding development organizations
- Naturally curious / avid reader / philosopher
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. MS in CS or Engineering a big plus