On behalf of our client, we are looking for a Vice President of Legal Affairs with in-house experience in the iGaming industry! This individual will oversee all legal, regulatory compliance, and money laundering requirements for the New Jersey, US operations.
This role will provide legal advice to the Senior Vice President and the Compliance Manager as well as its wider US operations, generally. The successful candidate will develop, implement, and manage the legal and compliance strategy for New Jersey region as a member of the US senior management team.
- Develop and lead the legal strategy to facilitate the New Jersey, US operations in support of strategic objectives and in accordance with local regulatory requirements.
- Identify and manage outside counsel as may be required for US related matters.
- Advise and supervise NJ office team on regulatory and compliance matters, including gambling law, competition laws, employment laws, advertising laws, and anti-money laundering/anti-corruption.
- Be local expert on regulatory requirements with the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement and other future regulators, acting as the primary point of contact for regulatory interactions.
- Provide legal guidance in relation to trademarks and minimizing any legal exposure to claims against the company for intellectual property infringement.
- Structure, negotiate, and draft complex commercial transactions such as licensing, game provider, service, purchase and sales contracts, leases, and technology and services agreements.
- Represent company before federal, state, or local government agencies and respond to inquiries. Serve as corporate representative in legal proceedings (where applicable).
- Create, implement, and audit compliance with contractual obligations as they relate to company policies.
- In-house legal experience in the iGaming and sports betting industry.
- AML background and/or qualification (ACAMS or equivalent)
- Ability to advise on a wide range of legal topics.
- Exceptional research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand a business and provide valuable input to decision making.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Enthusiasm towards the industry and position to handle launching in the US market.