A very successful holding company for some of the leading i-Gaming businesses are looking to hire an Internal Audit professional.
Based out of the London office the role will report directly to the CFO.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Audit Committee, the VP Internal Audit plays a critical role in delivering strategic objectives by objectively assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of governance and management of risks, giving an evidence-based opinion on all aspects of governance, risk management and internal control within the organization.
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility:
- Establish and maintain working relationships with senior and operations management, Compliance and IA leadership, regulators, IA staff, and external service providers to ensure adequate communication, cooperation, and understandings exist to execute the independent review.
- Assess compliance with governmental and jurisdictional regulatory requirements, financial accounting and auditing standards, and company policies to ensure company assets are safeguarded.
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of information systems and business controls.
- Compare and contrast property controls with regulatory requirements and generally expected internal controls, communicating significant issues to Internal Audit and SOX management.
- Create audit programs for new company initiatives and training manuals/tutorials.
- Lead efforts in recommending efficiencies and innovation.
- Identify and document business processes and controls in order to evaluate risks and compensating controls.
- Contribute to the company’s continuous improvement initiatives by providing advisory and consulting services to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and utilization of company assets.
- Lead or facilitate meetings to discuss audit findings and consulting services with top levels of management.
- Audits the company’s financial records, statements, and reports, verifying accuracy and consistency.
- Audits the company’s information systems, assessing compliance with data security and storage requirements.
- Reviews internal controls, policies, and procedures for effectiveness.
- Drafts and presents reports of findings and analysis; identifies and recommends revisions and improvements to accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Applications will be considered from those with;
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and reporting.
- Extensive knowledge of information systems security.
- Extensive knowledge of SOX.
- Extensive knowledge of SCC standards.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Extremely proficient with accounting software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- 8 years’ of related experience required within a publicly traded company.
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation preferred.