My client is a Global open banking platform launched in 2016 and expanded across Europe, Asia, USA and Australia.
This company is now looking to hire a UX Designer as a permanent addition to the team in Central London.
You will own the design of products and internal processes, constantly collaborate within your cross-functional team and communicate your goals and progress to the rest of the company.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Build an understanding of our users’ needs and champion them in all of the company’s products and services.
- Gather input on existing user flows and processes, outline these visually and propose improvements to enhance the customer or internal user experience
- Design new user interactions and processes from scratch in collaboration with other internal stakeholders
- Work within a multi-disciplinary team to design and deliver user-interface designs and journeys across our digital platforms
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes; knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail, and when to make low-fi sketches and prototypes.
- Create concepts, wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows, site maps and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction ideas.
- Execute visual stages from concept to final product and coordinate build with the Development Team.
- Work closely with a wide range of people from across the business to understand and interpret requirements, identify opportunities, and communicate design strategy and rationale.
- Conduct stakeholder interviews, competitor research and user analysis to support your design decisions and recommendations.
- Identify, establish and promote guidelines, best practices, and standards to enhance the overall usability and user experience.
What we look for in your professional skills
- Excellent communication skills and possess the ability to ‘get things done’ in a flexible dynamic organisation without having to rely on line-authority over other team members.
- You will be a storyteller, you will be able to capture and communicate complex ideas, be a creative problem-solver who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Passionate about developing strategies derived from insight, with the mastery of your craft to turn these into products (both interactions and visuals) adhering to user-centred design principles.
- You are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for multi-variant testing.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations when designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile, conversational and voice interfaces.
- An advocate for user-centred design combined with a willingness to continuously learn and develop.
You will have:
- A well-rounded knowledge of product systems, design thinking, and what’s possible to execute in code.
- Have a mix of User Experience and User Interface design skills – including interaction and Information Architecture design, psychology and user-centred design principles.
- Familiarity with API design preferred - you understand and appreciate the beautiful of the API user journey
- Excellent written & oral communication skills and comfortable sketching ideas and wireframes.
- A passion for all things design, with the ability to demonstrate this passion through your work and when communicating with business stakeholders and customers.
- Proficiency with industry standard design tools (e.g. Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, Axure, InVision etc).
- Strong sense of ownership and drive - you are able to execute in a fast-moving, dynamic environment while prioritising across multiple projects
- Experience in fintech, financial services (preferably challenger banks, payment schemes, cards or FX), or tech companies creating SaaS / PaaS products preferred
Next Steps: Apply with your CV and I'll contact you soon!