The UI/UX Designer partners closely with Product, Engineering, Sciences, Marketing, and Business teams to help my client lead in building the premier Out-Of-Home advertising technologies with rich research, visualization, and insights; easy to use, and powered by science and machine learning, by performing the following duties:
1. Creating designs for new products and improving designs of existing products.
2. Customer focus is our top priority, so the UI/UX Designer actively pursues research and seeks learnings from stakeholders and users, explores value-creating features, or productizes and integrates existing scientific or data science models with a focus on driving business value.
3. The UI/UX designer works with the marketing team to incorporate consistent design style standards on fonts, colors, and images to build a holistic visual brand identity across all company?s products.
4. Communication across teams is integral to the company, so close collaboration on UX requirements, documentation skills of business requirements and implementation details are all essential for success in this role.
5. Measurement is critical to product and business success, so the UI/UX Designer develops clear metrics for recording, gathering, and reporting user interaction metrics.
6. The UI/UX Designer employs a proven, documented process for end-to-end user interactions ownership.
- Sticks to product vision and strategy in support of our goals and objectives.
- Owns the user-experience of the product. Finds creative ways to solve UX problems (e.g. usability, findability, responsiveness, wording). Collaborates with other UI/UX designers to implement attractive designs.
- Understands user psychology, customer needs, and pain points. Collaborates with the Product Managers on user persona models, interaction models, and user stories. Analyzes how a new product/feature ties in with market needs and user preferences.
- Collaborates with Product & Marketing to gather customer feedback, analyze market insights, competitive landscape, and coordinate user interviews and usability testing. Conducts adjustments based on user feedback.
- Defines the design requirements and detailed user journeys based on the input from the Product Managers.
- Delivers product UI prototypes on a regular basis: wireframes, storyboards, process flows and sitemaps, menus, tabs and widgets, page navigation and search, tables, images, and other interface elements.
- Engages closely with the Engineering and Sciences teams to communicate and review the UI prototypes with developers. Helps determine the best technical implementation methods for the design ideas.
- Crafts a compelling message and tailors it for a given audience. Blends technical topics with simple, everyday
Artistic eye for design, creativity in mixing up colors, shapes, and techniques with great attention to detail. Understanding of the latest trends and commercial environment, sharp business mind, and strong analytical skills to study user feedback. Up-to-date knowledge of design and wireframing soware, Figma or similar.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Ability to express ideas and thoughts well verbally and in written form; good listening and comprehension.
- Ability to use appropriate communication methods and vary communication style to meet needs.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities and contribute to a positive team spirit.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and find workarounds for delays or unexpected events.
Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to safety or health of employee or others. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university or equivalent practical experience; 5+ years of UI/UX design or related experience with a focus on internet products and technologies. Portfolio of design projects. Experience in advertising is preferred. Knowledge of multiple functional areas such as product management, engineering, UX/UI, sales, customer support, finance or marketing.