Contributing to the overall design, maintenance and improvement of the Product.
Key Roles: Design Application
• The creation of visual mock-ups and storyboards.
• Work to design briefs provided by the team lead or head of design or product team members.
• Provide design briefs to other members of the team.
• In depth understanding of different devices, their operating systems and interfaces.
• Fully understands the archive and master art structure and how the libraries are built. • Identify potential needs for master design library training by means of workshops and/or one-on-one creative support whenever necessary.
• Create Interface Graphics incl. wireframing based upon research and using appropriate templates, best practices and any data supplied.
• Delivers graphical designs which meet the quality expectations of the design lead incl. stakeholders (internal & external) within the project deadline.
• Effective & streamlined collaboration with PDMs, BAs, Developers, Team Lead and Head of Design to assess functionality and create flow charts and wireframes.
• Continually conducts brand analysis and market research in line with the requirement set.
• Ensures creative input and concept approval from PDMs, Design Lead and other Stakeholders (internally and externally).
• Keep abreast of new developments/technology that could be utilised by the organisation to retain its competitive advantage.
• Exact transferal of production designs from existing file formats to a new format. (e.g. PSD to XD).
• Maintains brand integrity throughout the production process.
• Ensures all creative files are layered and named correctly and components are structured correctly and logically.
• Can identify all types bugs and recommend fixes/improvements
• Communicates with and delivers an efficient service to all internal and external stakeholders.
• Understands and enforces the practice of image optimization for production ready assets.
• Attends SCRUM.
• Assisting with the continual improvement of the design process incl. user testing.
• Drives the creation and facilitation of User Tests.
• Presents User Testing Results to stakeholders internally and externally.
Coaching & Mentoring
• Mentoring/Coaching of less experienced members of the team.
• Provide guidance to less experienced team members on technical aspects where required.
• Provides user testing training to less experienced members of the team. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties in order to achieve business objectives.
• Minimum of 4 Years experience as a UI/UX Designer
• Relevant Bachelor’s degree
• In depth knowledge of UI/UX design incl design patterns and best practices
• Highly proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite, preferably: o Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe XD & After Effects incl. their workflows and best practices
• Experienced at using Apple and Windows based software/hardware
Knowledge & Skills Requirement:
• A strong understanding of the product deployment cycle and the dependencies and requirements at key development phases (e.g Refinement, Design, Iteration, Development & Testing).
• Have a strong understanding of CSS/HTML5 in order to advise on changes to developers.
• A strong understanding of how responsive design works both inside graphical packages but also within the HTML/CSS.
• Knowledge of source control tools i.e. SVN, Git etc.
• Relevant qualification or related experience in the Design Industry.
• Strong ability to demonstrate working within the UI/UX Industry.
• Strong understanding of how to set up, analyse and presenting findings from user testing.
• Demonstratable knowledge of the different types of user testing and their methodologies and when to use them.
• Process driven
• Excellent attention to detail
• Logical and attentive
• Approachable manner
• Organised in management of projects and workload