We are looking for a Testing Team Lead to report directly to the Game Compliance Manager. The key responsibilities of this role are to test company products with efficiency and ensure the product work as expected. This is an opportunity to join a creative, fast-growing, independent software company.
The position of Testing Team Leader is a highly demanding role. It will be your responsibility to test multiple games and projects. You will join a team of testers all with varying levels of experience. The main area of focus will be testing company’s products, ensuring they are ready for market in a fast and effective manner. The role will include creating test-cases, managing and reporting any bugs or issue into the organisation. Where necessary researching and incorporating appropriate open-source frameworks or developing a suitable in-house framework may be required.
• Work with the Game Compliance Manager and your testing team to define, develop and implement testing practice for the company.
• Help train and support other members of the testing team.
• Report on all testing, and keep stakeholders updated on the quality of both individual components (e.g. specific games), and the overall health of the entire product range.
• Collaborate closely with developers, designers and other testers in a distributed team environment to define and implement code facing unit, business facing integration, and suitable manual tests, as well as utilising appropriate tools to assure build quality.
• Evangelise and articulate good testing practices including requirements elicitation, acceptance test definition, test writing, exploratory testing, and possess the ability to deal effectively with uncertainty and alternative points of view.
• Undertake exploratory as well as structured manual testing.
• Develop and enhance automated tests where appropriate.
• Lead investigations into defects and potential exploits of the system.
• Raise, track and have ownership of issues through to resolution.
• The most important attribute is a commitment and enthusiasm for quality and enabling a culture of consistent high-quality product delivery by developing smart systems that deliver great feedback.
- Manual Testing experience
- Gaming or mathematical background
- Quality Centre, JIRA, Test Rail
- Integration testing, system and end to end testing circle, Agile
- Languages testing experience
- Desired ISEB or ISTQB
The ideal candidate will
- Experience of researching and evaluating testing tools for teams.
- Automated testing experience, using Selenium, WebDriver, Cucumber for unit and acceptance testing. Would be a great bonus.
- Ideally some experience with Ant, Jenkins, Maven, GIT or other build/CI tools, Slack
- Competitive salary in addition to a company bonus scheme paid on a quarterly basis.
- We offer long-term career prospects with opportunities to develop
- A fun working atmosphere working amongst an enthusiastic and dynamic team.
- We offer a stimulating work environment in a state-of-the-art, purpose-designed space, including a social communal area with other companies, with games including pool, table football, and video games.
- Team events