Our client, a multinational Gaming company with 8000 employees worldwide, is growing rapidly within both their Venues and Digital businesses. They have a number of well-known brands in gambling and sports betting. They are currently looking to hire a Technical Director to join the team in Barcelona.
Technology Director will be responsible for a proper running of our client’s sites and oversee delivery of new features and products. The role reports to the International CIO and is responsible for a team of circa 20-30 staff (developers, designers, data analysts, testers, operations, platform and infrastructure).
As the Technical Director, you will be an experienced technology leader who exemplifies what good looks like across the technical domain. Although a senior executive, you will remain technically curious and technically skilled enough to go deep into your development organisation to understand what challenges need to be solved.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Coach, inspire and lead technology teams across development, infrastructure, support, and operations
- Guarantee the fault tolerance and high availability of the systems, by managing the staff responsible for servers in several locations
- Continuously develop the IT strategy and technical roadmap to ensure this supports the evolving business capability requirements
- Ensure all sites are compliant with gambling regulations specific to jurisdictions they operate in from technical and functionality perspective
- Support Compliance in carrying out the biennial audits and other specific audits that are required, both to generate new gambling proposals or new jurisdictions, and to comply with the legal requirements of each jurisdiction
- Support compliance in the drafting and auditing the new licenses that are required both for Spain and for other jurisdictions
- Drive the application of technology to improve the experience of the customer. Leverage new technologies and technical opportunities to create competitive advantage for the company through its in-person relationship with customers
- Encourage and improve on the company values and culture
- Recognised as a technology expert with experience of leading in-house development teams, infrastructure (on-prem and cloud), big data, mobile, CRM, marketing tech and web.
- Previous experience of leading large infrastructure and application development teams within an omnichannel Digital and Retail environment
- Demonstrable collaboration skills with other senior stakeholders and the wider technology team
- Senior experience of problem solving and working with others to deliver at pace
- Technically curious, it is likely that you still like to code occasionally or solve complex technical problems. You will be curious as to the latest innovations in development languages and practices
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!