Our client, a multinational Gaming company with 8000 employees worldwide, is growing rapidly within both their Venues and Digital businesses. They have a number of well known brands in gambling and sports betting. They are currently looking to hire a Technical Director to join the team in London.
The key focus for the Technical Director will be to drive forward the innovation and transformation of the client’s proprietary technology platform. The role reports to the Group Chief Information Officer and is responsible for a team of circa 100 staff (engineers, architects, testers, support, operations, platform, infrastructure).
As the Technical Director, you will be an experienced technology leader who exemplifies what good looks like across the technical domain. Although a senior executive, you will remain technically curious and technically skilled enough to go deep into your development organisation to understand what challenges need to be solved.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Recognised as a technology expert with experience of leading in-house development teams, infrastructure (on-prem and cloud), big data, mobile, CRM, marketing tech and web.
- Experienced in working in a Digital company will be key with experience of an Omni-Channel business being advantageous
- Previous experience of leading large infrastructure and application development teams within an omnichannel Digital and Retail environment
- Demonstrable understanding of how large organisations operate
- Demonstrable collaboration skills with other senior stakeholders and the wider technology team
- Senior experience of problem solving and working with others to deliver at pace
- Technically curious, it is likely that you still like to code occasionally or solve complex technical problems. You will be curious as to the latest innovations in development languages and practices
- Excellent communicator, able to build relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Know how to coach and lead teams, share knowledge, and develop new skills in others
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!