Technical Director – iGaming - Remote
My client is a new global entertainment brand focused on mobile and online gaming for sports and high-end table games.
They are seeking a talented Technical Director to own the development and delivery of their gaming platform, technology stack, infrastructure, as well as being responsible for the management of their growing technology team. This person is all about coordination, communication, and delivery. Creativity is welcome and encouraged in the company fast-paced culture. This person will be responsible for capturing that creativity and funnelling to the users with a solid SDLC.
Reporting to the CEO, the Technical Director will be directing and managing the development team and leading various other aspects of the product development – coordinating closely with the business, marketing and product teams when it comes to implementing new features and designing the plan for growth. The position is primarily hands-on, although a key part of the role involves hiring and mentoring the development team as a part of guiding the direction of the platform.
This role requires strong analytical and technical abilities and demands fast, but carefully thought-out results. Strong leadership and control of the work process from beginning to end is necessary. The job centres around developing new ideas, systems and technology, and also analysing and improving on old ones. A high level of expertise is expected and the ability to spot and correct errors is important. Work must be done right and quickly, while always focusing on accomplishing the goal and demanding the highest quality work from co-workers and subordinates.
Interest and energy focus primarily on the work at hand. The broad scope of the job demands a factual, direct and authoritative style of communication. Decision-making, though swift, is very calculated and singular, with little reliance on consensus or collaborating opinions.
- Setting company technical vision and leading company’s technological development
- Developing strategic plans and setting timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, web, and mobile services
- Ensuring company’s technological processes and service comply with all gaming requirements, laws, and regulations
- Identifying opportunities for web and mobile gaming services
- Collaborating with department heads, marketing, production, and operations as advisor of all technologies involved with company
- Ensuring technology standards and best practices are met
- Supervising quality assurance processes, integration, and system tests
- Establishing software development process and set objectives for process
- Mentoring team members
- Monitoring performance profiling tools and procedures
- Maintaining network security with IT team
- Reviewing timeframes and budgets
- Developing and implementing disaster and emergency recovery plans
- Supervising workflow of IT department
- Defining company standards for systems, equipment, and software
- Sharing technological visions, opportunities, and risks company-wide
- Studying current and new industry trends, technologies, and software development
- Studying information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and make recommendations for improvement
- You are passionate about the agile development process and all things big data – including data science, statistics, and analytics
- You are a natural team manager, clear communicator and a respected technical leader – you can motivate people and get the most out of your team
- You are an excellent project manager with high attention to detail – you know how to prioritize activities, estimate work, and get product out the door
- You are cool under pressure and can handle the pains of new implementations and tackling high priority integrations
- You value virtues like kindness, humility, respect, empathy, and loyalty above everything else
- BS in Computer Science, Math (or a related technical field)
- 7-10 years as a technical lead in the gaming field and managing teams with hiring authority
- Experience establishing and/or evaluating partners for service delivery within web and mobile gaming
- Proven experience in an agile team to iteratively improve the customer experience and optimize engineering productivity
- Mobile app development
- Security and privacy best practices
- Management of multi-vendor implementations in product delivery
- Management of an API-centric or service-oriented architecture
- Experience with setup of dev-ops within a cloud-based environment (AWS preferable), including CI/CD setup
- Management of QA processes and methodologies, unit tests, system tests and regression tests
- Experience working on cloud, big data, and API platform projects
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary, equity and benefits
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, high-performing, venture-backed startup at an early-stage
- Leadership role within a hard-working, collaborative, high-performing team
- Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely
- Commitment to a healthy workplace
At this time, we are not able to sponsor applicants for work visas.
Please get in touch to find out more!