Your role in the company
You will be an important part of the systems engineer team, working closely with Tech Services department. You will work closely on the deployment of the company’s key software releases, third-party tools which are mainly application and web servers on 100% in-house customer staging system environments. Gradually increase your scope with CD/CI, pipelining, automation and build technologies. You will support the adoption of AWS Cloud services. You will deploy and provide ongoing maintenance of dockerized environments for continuous deployment.
Extra duties of the role
- Conduct frequent exercises for the optimisation of application performance.
- Regularly monitor the systems in order to guarantee secure services, where downtime is at a minimum according to SLAs.
- Provide support with the configuration of monitoring and alerting through Elastic Stack, especially Elasticsearch and Kibana.
- Provide innovative ideas and contributions to the development of scalable systems.
- Show a hunger and eagerness to learn.
- Keep up to date with the newest releases on the market as well as test and install the newest versions of third-party products.
- Hold a graduate computing degree or similar recognised qualification.
- Have previous experience with Unix/Linux and Microsoft Windows environments.
- Have a familiarity with tools which provide selective access to information that is within a database, especially SQL
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- Proficient with dockerized environments.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructures, scripting and IS applications.
- Utilised project tracking systems
- Excellent communicator, can handle deadlines and pressure with excellent problem solving abilities
- Excellent time and organisational skills
- fluency in written and spoken English