Senior Product Manager
Job Description Summary
This role will be at the core of defining a vision and executing a broad-based strategy encompassing a three to five-year detailed product roadmap. This individual will interact with senior management in all disciplines within the organization to lead and champion product planning exercises. The role will be responsible for ensuring product deadlines are consistently and reliably met. This position also entails market research, launch planning, and achieving growth and revenue targets.
The individual will work closely with customers, regulatory agencies, and the sales and marketing organizations to ensure that market requirements and customer needs are built-in to future product releases.
· Understands how Product Approvals work for each market
· Leads the planning process with various business units.
· Communicates the product specification through the proper requirements documentation
· Plans the Product Roadmap and works with stakeholders to evaluate change and impacts
· Oversees various workstreams leading into the BAU 18-month planning and Global Product Plan, from Technology to Commercial
· Understands portfolio management and can balance the portfolio based on requirements; specifically phasing and prioritization by region
· Interprets insights and makes strategic decisions based on data
· Leads development resource requirements, commercial value and partners with D&D finance to develop business cases
· Strategizes and Oversees plans outside the 18-month standard planning phase for a Commercial and Technology Product Plan (3-5 Years in advance)
In-depth experience in product management, strategy development, and writing business cases.
Must be able to comprehend technical challenges, understand limitations and impact to the customer, and manage risk in reviewing technology options.
Experience working in cross-functional teams, especially with software developers, hardware engineers, project managers, and other product managers.
The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of product development processes.
Comfortable with ambiguity; welcomes the challenge of developing new ideas and approaches in a semi-unstructured environment.
Ability and desire to interact and engage in substantive dialogue with all levels of the organization.