Senior SQL Server & Application DBA
My client, an igaming software company in Larnarca, Cyprus is looking for someone to fill the role of SQL Server & Application DBA. The job outline is 70% SQL Server (Performance Tuning and Development) & 30% SQL Server Administration.
They are great company to work for, they have a great foundation and future plans. They also really look after employees.
- Ideally 5+ years of SQL Server Experience.
- Ability to handle the database environment as an individual contributor for designing and troubleshooting
- Ability to diagnose server reliability, performance issues and fine tune those issues starting from Index level, Table level and Database level.
- Identify performance problems on servers experiencing bottlenecks
- Good Understanding in SQL Server Wait_info/ Wait_Types
- Ability to plan activities like Installation, Upgradation (In-Place, Side by Side), Service Packs, Patches (QFE, CU & GDR), configuration settings in SQL Server and also handled with missing .msi & .msp files. Database Migrations.
- Create databases and database objects and should have worked in Transact-SQL, like creating stored procedures, views, functions (UDF), Triggers and writing Ad-hoc queries for project maintenance.
- Create Schema, Synonym, Sequence, Assembly and CLR based on the requirements.
- Good knowledge in Encryption, encrypting the data from Column level, table level and Database level by knowing AES, TDE and CLE
- Implementation of SQL Logins, Users and Authentication Modes as a part of Security Policies for various categories of Clients
- Configure SQL Jobs and SQL Auditing from login to user level changes.
- Designing and monitoring of comprehensive Backup plan and recovery strategies.
Added advantage would be in:
- Microsoft certifications (70-461 Development & 70-462 Administration).
- Experience in SQL Server Disaster Recovery and High Availability setups
- Experiences in Data warehousing using SSAS / SSIS / SSRS for OLTP and OLAP will be an added advantage