You should be at ease working in an agile and creative development atmosphere over a large variety of exciting features. You should be able to react to a constantly changing, adapting and expanding market.
This role would join the global based team where the successful candidate will enjoy and benefit from a dynamic and high tempo environment using the latest tech.
You would be working in our Database team and be involved in all aspects of database development. This would include the transactional platform to the reporting platforms.
Furthermore it would also include developing and maintaining a high volume transactional database as well as development in SSAS, SSRS and SSIS.
Support would also fall under the responsibilities and will involve liaising with internal personnel to help fix issues in the transactional platform. On occasion there may be paid weekend support too.
You must have an excellent command of English as you will be using it so communicate with colleagues, line managers and occasionally large multinational clients.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- 5+ years in designing and developing database using Microsoft SQL Server Duty #2
- Confident with T-SQL development: Stored procedures, views, triggers and functions
- Taking on platform administrative tasks (adding configuration etc.)
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimisation (PTO)
- Experience in native monitoring and troubleshooting tools such as Profiler or XEvent Profile, Performance Monitor, Extended Events, Execution Plan
- Broad and in depth understanding and applied knowledge of indexes, index management, statistics and partitioning
- Familiarity with RDBMS principles, database design and normalization
- Understanding of the full development life cycle, development methodologies, and version control
- Develop and maintain tables, indexes, stored procedures, views, triggers and other objects utilizing the latest DML and DDL syntax
- Experience with SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools)
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving attitude with ability to learn independently and without heavy supervision
- Experience with Visual Studio Data Tools, Data Flow tasks, Package configuration, ETL heterogeneous data sources setup, Deployment models, SSIS Data Catalog management, Environment setup
- C#/.NET (we use C# scripts inside SSIS script task)
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English is critical, plus the ability to converse well with both technical and non-technical staff
- Team oriented attitude
- Interpretation of business requirements
- Committed to providing the best possible solution and service
- Keen to share information and knowledge
- Great attention to detail
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience with SSRS or SSAS or Power Pivot
Strong emotional IQ (EQ) and proven capability to create relationships with new people quickly and easily and manage those relationships effectively over time
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, deadline-set environment
- Self-starter and solution-oriented
- Well organized with strong attention to detail and follow-through proactive attitude
- Confident and a strategic thinker
- Strong presentations skills
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to various Client corporate cultures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution