Are you a sports fanatic who is thrilled by sportsbook products? Do you love data and statistics? This role is instrumental in growing the organization and its sportsbook products. It sets the needs of the local consumer and is responsible for making sure that the offer and features of our online sportsbook is fit for the market, compliant according to regulatory framework and stands out from the competition. As the bookmaking regional manager, you will be lead the bookmaking team through the product and bookmaking operations journey to deliver the best digital sports betting experience to our customers. This role will be critical in partnering with the best suppliers, scoping our bookmaking feature vision, and bringing in the local knowledge needed for a successful sports betting app.
The role will be responsible for setting the short and the long-term strategy and vision of the sportsbook offer and its features, as well as oversee the overarching margin reflected in the P&L. The Bookmaking Regional Manager will be report directly to the Managing Director and work together and work together with the rest of management team and operations. They will be responsible for contributing to the development of the Bookmaking strategy for Tipico USA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Being the point of contact for anything related to bookmaking and sportsbook product next to the operations In the USA
• Tracking the competitiveness of our sports book in terms of:
2. Non-core betting product features (stats, blog, add-ons, widgets etc.)
3. Betting features
4. Sports offer
• End to end responsibility for all USA specific sportsbook third parties.
• Working together with the PO sportsbook & Bookmaking department providing recommendations based on business cases for the addition of third-party products, other noncore products and by providing business input to help optimizing the product for the local market.
• Working together with the Director of Bookmaking in the EU to ensure that our sports book offer is competitive, compliant and optimized for the local market in terms of sports, events and markets offered (including special bets), this reflects In the P&L, also own and sign off margin budgets and KPIs
• Working together with the marketing manager on bonus campaigns to ensure an attractive bonus offer
• Managing customer research activities, to analyze and implement effective strategies to improve the product and ensure that we are completely in sync with the local customers’ needs
• Produce and deliver presentations on product strategy with a focus on localization of the product
• Make sure our sportsbook offer and features are compliant, be the main person of contact for sportsbook related queries and processes to the DGE
• A Bachelor's degree or a related field from four-year college or university
• A minimum of 3-5+ years’ experience from broad sportsbook roles
• You are slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience with the ability to empathize with customer motivations and desires
• Strong business focus with the ability to provide data driven business insights and recommendations
• Experience working for a sports betting provider active on the US market in product or trading, or work experience in a related field such as Daily Fantasy or other US Sports focused digital product/iGaming provider
• Knowledge about and experience with sports betting • Sports enthusiast with passion for US Sports
• Deep knowledge and understanding of the US Sports culture
• You have excellent negotiation, communications and relationship building skills, both internally and externally focused
• Able to build and understand cost and/or financial models associated with sportsbook P&L
• You are a self-starter, who has a high degree of motivation to work in a fast-paced environment
• You can drive innovation and develop new concepts across product verticals
What's in it for you:
• Work in an environment where you, your work and ideas matter and have an impact.
• You will be a be part of the newest and up and coming USA online sports betting companies in the market.
• Work in a new and young business with high growth potential. • Build your own success story together with us.
• Work with self-organized, self-responsible and entrepreneurial employees.
• Start-up feeling, backed-up by a leading European sports betting house. We are a high volume business and are taking off in the US!
• Competitive salary, Medical, Vision, Dental Benefits, Generous PTO, and more!