My client a global iGaming software provider with a fully distributed team, with offices all over the world, is seeking a Solutions Architect to join their Engineering team.
Reporting to VP Strategy, the Solutions Architect will provide support operational, strategic, sales, client services, platform, and product functions by governing the design of platform initiatives and changes in line with the overall strategic vision from a product and technical perspective.
Specifications for new products and updates to existing products. Including understanding of the product vision and business needs to help to define product requirements and product architectural solutions, reviewing, and identifying issues in the current system and proposing improvements, working across multiple teams to help to build a cohesive user experience while maintaining stable and scalable technical side, participating in evaluation and integration of external partners, helping defining best practices for the engineering teams, making sure system documentation stays up-to-date.
- Defining technical solutions for new products and existing products
- Reviewing current systems, identifying issues, and making recommendations for
- Creating various system and flow diagrams
- Maintaining comprehensive and current documentation of technical design
- Consulting with product and engineering teams to clarify objectives and functional
- requirements for new or modified products
- Developing architectural and engineering principles to maintain performance, capacity,
- and scalability of the product
- Evaluating potential external providers, reviewing alignment with requirements
- and overseeing technical integration
- Facilitating collaboration and decision-making within and across business and engineering units, keeping the architecture framework aligned with the business needs
- Ensuring solutions are in line with the company's technology roadmap, all deviations are
- identified and approved
- Consulting development teams with issues needing technical expertise or complex
- systems knowledge
- Experience creating enterprise-grade, scalable solutions using modern, distributed systems approaches and patterns
- Understanding of Domain-Driven Design principles, Service-based / Microservices / Event-driven architectures
- Ideally experienced with Google Cloud Platform specific concepts, tools, PaaS/IaaS offerings for computing, networking, a database such as Kubernetes, Cloud Functions, BigTable, Firebase, Pub/Sub, Dataflow
- Experience with other cloud-native technologies eg. AWS, Azure considered
- Experience with other persistence technologies including Hazelcast, Cassandra, MySQL
- Experience with hybrid cloud/local infrastructure setups