Our client offers fintech solution used by more than 30,000 websites globally. They provide a bundle of products, including a feature rich online payment service platform that supports the e-commerce and online spaces.
We are augmenting our team of Software Applications Security Engineers who analyze in-house software systems to ensure that security best practices are adhered to, and security issues resolved.
Working closely with QA, Architecture and Information Security, the team are responsible for detecting and fixing vulnerabilities, building/customizing tooling, and optimizing/maintaining security frameworks. If you are familiar with the basic concepts around cybersecurity and security vulnerabilities and have experience developing software, this is the right opportunity for you.
Location: Malta or Remote
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Engage in security analysis, defence techniques and countermeasures to ensure that deployed software is robust and reliable
- Integrate security best practices during the development stages of the software lifecycle
- Design processes and build tools to ensure released products meet the required security standards
- Conduct code review of code updates to ensure good security practices
- Able to demonstrate practical awareness of security best practices, vulnerabilities, encryption etc.
- Software development experience using Java or any other OO programming language
- Knowledge of Java enterprise technologies such as the Spring Framework (Boot, Core, MVC, Data, Security) will be considered an asset
- Experience with REST API and microservices development
- Experience with agile development
- Familiar with Linux operating systems
- Good communication, teamwork, and problem-solving skills
- Penetration Testing skills will be considered an asset
- Proficient in written and spoken English