My client, a tech company that develops intuitive software for the online gaming industry, is looking for Software Engineers. The position is flexible with remote.
About the client
The client is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace, where they all learn together, trust each other, and value collaboration. The company welcomes candidates of all genders, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, nationality, belief (or lack thereof), and programming language preference. As an equal opportunity employer, they offer a friendly, supportive working environment for all. It’s a place where you can try new ideas, take risks, and enjoy the support to move Fearlessly Forward.
What you’ll do
We are always interested in discussing this opportunity and looking for talented developers with solid inquisitive, design, and problem-solving skills, expertise with high-performance applications. The client needs its engineers to be versatile, display authority and team collaboration qualities, and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
- You'll join one of its engineering teams and will be using agile methodologies working in a team of engineers and product owners.
- You'll design and develop software, deploy it in production, and provide operational support.
- You’ll be responsible for coding from the very beginning until the production environment, collaborating in an international and inclusive environment.
- Write, maintain and document unit and integration tests, and write up new and modified functionality.
- You will work closely with other specialists (quality, security, product) to make our software design, delivery, and quality unbeatable.
- You'll participate in the full-cycle software engineering: analysis > design > code/test > deployment > maintenance/support
- You will follow best practices at all aspects of software development: Design, Coding, Testing, Operational procedures, Monitoring.
- You will give and receive feedback via Code Reviews, Retrospectives and help out removing technical blockers affecting someone else
- You will actively engage with other teams to manage dependencies and resolve impediments
- You will promote and facilitate tech innovation. Investigate new tools/technologies/ideas to promote further improvement of the system
What you’ll bring
- Positive, growth mindset, knowledge sharing, and creativity while problem-solving with others.
- Demonstrated back-end skills (multithreading, OOP, etc.) and/or strong front-end skills. You don't need to be proficient in both, but willing to learn and work in a T-shape role.
- DevOps skills: having knowledge of system admin and interest to learn more.
- Good understanding of what quality code means (clean code & testing) and understanding web-based applications (HTTP protocol, Web Servers, Caching, etc.).
- Good testing practices (unit, component, and E2E testing).
- Ability to prioritize work, and collaborate with the business (e.g. Product, BI, Design, and Talent Teams)
- Understanding of the data modeling, architecture, and how other systems work.
- An agile approach to development, and a good understanding of lean and agile methodologies.
- CI/CD approach to work and understanding of CI/CD tools.
- Collaborative, respectful attitude, and good communication skills in English.
- Curiosity to learn new languages/frameworks, to experiment and try out new technologies.
What you'll work with
- Web development (JS/Angular).
- Web services (REST).
- Spring boot, Spring cloud.
- Build tools (Maven, NPM, Webpack) as well as version control systems (Git).
- Containers (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Testing frameworks (JUnit, Jasmine, JBehave and Selenium) and testing practices, contract testing.
- Apache Cassandra and Elasticsearch.
- Messaging (RabbitMQ).
- Concurrent programming and threading.
What’s in it for you
- Inspiring and fulfilling work at an innovative and values-driven company creating cutting-edge tech
- Attractive salary and customisable benefits package
- Flexible working hours and ways of working
- Contemporary and accessible office environments with a range of workplace perks
- Six weeks’ paid leave for every four years of service
- Relocation package for you and your family including soft-landing package services to help you settle in (applicable in Spain, if you are moving from a different city/country)
- Being part of a team with a forward-looking, international mindset and agile working practices
- A friendly, inclusive, and multicultural environment (we are made up of over 35 nationalities, speaking almost 30 languages)
- Wellbeing programmes, learning, and personal growth opportunities
- A range of employee events throughout the year, including team building activities, Learning Labs, Hackathons, and Designathons
- Opportunities to shape the tech community within and outside of the company, through mentoring and knowledge-sharing
To apply please send me your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org