Global Leading iGaming operator launching into US needs a Software Development Manager to launch their FS Team
- Preference in Tri-state area but possible also for Miami/Boston/Pennsylvania based candidates
- You will have the exciting opportunity of creative autonomy in the creation of department protocols/establish architecture and build the team in your image
- You will also have the support of one of the world's most established iGaming operators behind you.
- You will begin more hands on technically, gradually build the team and eventually become further hands off growing more teams in your image below you
Facilitated Software Development
- Initial hands on architecture of the system from both a Front and Backend perspective
- Provide detailed and comprehensive specifications to developers, when necessary.
- Determine most effective and efficient software design to meet specifications, when necessary.
- Ensures that the project schedule, as pertains to his/her team's tasks, are regularly updated.
- Signs off developed software provided by developers.
- Ensure that all the produced artefacts are versioned correctly and accurately.
- Build/Scale the team and contribute actively to recruitment processes
- Effectively allocates appropriate resources to projects, in conjunction with Product and Project Management teams, to ensure that project deadlines and requirements are met.
- Once team is scaled assure that the skill level of each team member is monitored, evaluated and that each team member is improved and mentored in an appropriate fashion
- Documents the performance appraisal results and maintains a portfolio of evidence for each team member.
- Conducts performance appraisals of department members at least twice a year
- Ensures that the team business plan is aligned with the company strategy and working towards achieving the strategy.
Competencies: Technical Skills & Experience
- 5-8 years of software development experience with a focus on Mobile/Web Based development
- Good working knowledge of OO languages, preferably
- A strong academic background (formal qualification, HND, Degree or equivalent experience)
- Advocate of Agile development methodologies (Scrum, TDD, DDD)
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the full life cycle of the software development process
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong mentoring and leadership skills
- Impeccable time-management - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship management at all levels of the hierarchy
- Strong business acumen