Facilitates Continuous Improvement
- Integrates the team and department processes and procedures effectively with company wide processes and procedures.
- Effectively communicates and implements processes and procedures in the team and with stakeholders.
- Reviews processes and procedures on a quarterly basis to determine effectiveness, efficiency and appropriateness.
- Ensures that all team processes and procedures are clearly documented, according to agreed documentation standards.
- Identifies and ensures that the necessary processes and procedures are in place to meet business objectives.
Facilitates Project Delivery
- Reviews documentation within project schedule.
- Provides status report to Product Manager, on a weekly basis.
- Communicates with external parties regarding the product, as and when necessary.
- Effectively resolves escalated project risks.
- Monitors progress of projects to ensure that they are on track with the schedule.
- Co-ordinates projects to ensure that prioritized deadlines are met.
- Effectively allocates appropriate resources to projects, in conjunction with Product and Project
- Management teams, to ensure that project deadlines and requirements are met.
- Participates in the recruitment of new staff, when necessary.
- Ensures that company issues, policies and procedures are communicated to the team within 7 days.
- Ensures that the team members are equipped with the requisite skill set required for both current and future projects by developing a training and career development plan for each team member.
- Documents the performance appraisal results and maintains a portfolio of evidence for each team member.
- Conducts performance appraisals of department members at least twice a year
- Ensures that the team business plan is aligned with the company strategy and working towards achieving the strategy.
- Monitors performance of team members on an ongoing basis and takes effective steps to deal with non-performance.
- Provides feedback to the Product Manager, on a weekly basis, regarding team performance and project progress. Internal
- Oversees all aspects of the team by facilitating and resolving issues, through effective problem solving and communication skills. ?
Facilitates Software Development
- Provides detailed and comprehensive specifications to developers, when necessary.
- Determines most effective and efficient software design to meet specifications, when necessary.
- Ensures that the project schedule, as pertains to his/her team's tasks, are regularly updated.
- Signs off developed software provided by developers.
- Ensures that all the produced artefacts are versioned correctly and accurately.
Technical Skills & Experience
- 5-8 years of software development experience on a variety of projects.
- A strong academic background (formal qualification, HND, Degree or equivalent experience)
- Good working knowledge of OO languages, preferably
- Advocate of Agile development methodologies (Scrum, TDD, DDD)
- Has a comprehensive understanding of the full life cycle of the software development process
- Strong Communication Skills
- Strong mentoring and leadership skills
- Impeccable time-management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong relationship management at all levels of the hierarchy
- Strong business acumen