Software Development Director
A leading iGaming company is building a new office in Sofia, now is a great opportunity for the first team members to jump onboard!
As the Software Development Director, you will be the leader of delivery teams and be responsible for planning, directing and coordinating all activities associated with implementation and maintenance of software solutions across multiple functional areas of the organization.
- Provides vision, planning and coordination of all software development and implementation activities. Establishes standards, organization and process flows.
- Lead software development department to distribute software development atmosphere.
- Prioritize, budget and allocate projects, products, and resources in line with business priorities.
- Prepare schedules, report status as well as make hiring decision.
- Mentor managers/team leaders to implement best practices to motivate and organize their teams.
- Drive overall architecture, define application security guidelines and certifications of software solution.
- Ensure, software engineering best practices, methodology and procedures are used to ensure implementation of high quality of deliverable.
- Manage software quality assurance striving to achieve a high level of quality and independent verification of software reliability
- Ensure application design to manage and maintain data security and integrity.
- Provide version control processes to assure consistency, quality and timeliness.
- Provide particular feedback to facilitate managers/team leaders enhance their work.
- Participate in interviewing as well as hiring final decisions.
- Guide and provide input to all strategic as well as technical planning for entire software projects.
- Monitor and provide input for evaluation and prioritize change requests.
- 10+ years of development experience in any of Java, Oracle, Frontend (Angular or React) or data warehouse areas
- +5 years team leader/management experience
- Expertise in most of the following areas:
- Java 8+, J2EE
- Data Warehouse, Big Data, Apache Hadoop
- Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQL, PL/SQL
- Experience in developing/designing/managing distributed systems
- Knowledge and skills in at least one of the following technologies: RabbitMQ, Ignite, Jms, Kafka, Hazelcast
- Experience with Micro Service or Event Driven Service topologies
- Experience and knowledge with ORM, ACID, XML, JSON, HTML, maven
- Experience in project management and software development methodologies
- Experience in whole project life cycle including system analysis, design, development and testing and production support
- Good spoken and written English
- BS/MS degree
- Knowledge of cross-platform Web & Mobile development and libraries
- Understanding of principles of the Clean Architecture
- Knowledge of Multi-thread applications, OOP & MVC concepts and design patterns
- Understanding principles of database modelling
- Basic Knowledge of Maven, Docker, Grande.