Our client, a digital entertainment and sports technology business, is looking for a Service Operations Centre Engineer to join his team in Malta.
As a Service Operations Centre Engineer, you will be joining a team focused on ensuring that we keep the lights up, 24/7. You are expected to work in a 3-shift rota to provide coverage for our business and its clients.
The client strives to give the best experience possible to its customers: stability and availability of our products and services are top in our priorities. As a SOC Engineer you will help in reactively solve issues within the system, but more importantly proactively feedback to the other tech-teams all the information about the system’s health, any potential “near-misses” and help in the automation of manual tasks or processes.
You are expected to learn how the system works in general, have a good sense of when things are not at their normality, and act under pressure. Measurement, sticking to processes and willingness to document are key for this role.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure maximum possible service availability and performance through pro-active monitoring, alerting and diagnostic activities
- Provide support services for Engineering and other technical teams
- Fault handling and escalation (identifying and responding to faults in our production gaming systems and networks)
- Manage and resolve assigned incident tickets
- Support Problem Management and root cause analysis
- Become an SME on the systems and services you support
- Support disaster recovery activities
- Support the Engineering team during release and maintenance procedures?
What you need for this role:
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based operating systems
- Knowledge of Linux servers
- Knowledge of Docker containers is desirable
- Experience in supporting cloud-native systems running in the cloud, preferably Azure
- Deep knowledge of monitoring systems like Prometheus, ELK or similar tools
- Basic understanding of database technologies, such as SQL Server. Basic querying would be desirable
- Experience with scripting languages like bash, python or similar for automating routine tasks and processes
- Understanding of networking essentials, including TCP/IP, routing and DNS
- Experience using access lists, packet filtering, and troubleshooting tools such as ping, traceroute, whois, and tcpdump
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery practices
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Management & Best Practices would be desirable
- Working with JIRA and Confluence
- Experience working with scripting/automation would be desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to follow procedures
Who you are:
- Customer-focused: everything we do is about our customers and stakeholders
- Organised: millions of transactions and messages go through these systems, so you need to stay on top of your priorities and focused on what is important
- Analytical: you should be able to look at data and insight from multiple sources and monitoring tools, and to draw informed conclusions
- Thrive under pressure: we’re hyper-growth, so there will always be challenges and more to do!
- Relevant: the marketplace, competitors and customers move fast, so you need to help us keep up by staying on top of trends and applying that to how we can get the best out of our systems and our teams
- Team Player: building great teams is how we will succeed