As a Service Desk Analyst you are the initial point of contact for the company.You would perform frequent routine checks and keep on top of all tickets submitted through JIRA Service Desk and resolve tier one requests quickly.
The Service Desk Analyst is on hand to troubleshoot problem/issues/requests up to the proper tier two and three support teams. You will need to take pride in your work, be committed to the cause and be competent enough to complete tasks independently, but not be adverse to working collaboratively when needed.
The contract offered is full time, indefinite contract and on a 24x7 rotating shift basis, including weekends and public holidays.
Main Duties include:
- Conduct Event, Service Requests and Incident investigations, resolutions and diagnosis using proven methodologies, working together with other stakeholders.
- Perform tech support, troubleshooting and analysis of the root cause relating to application, product and system events and incidents.
- Accept, manage and update events as needed, incidents and service requests to make sure that contracted Service Level Agreements are managed
- Take accountability of issues from start through to a successful resolution
- Keep a close eye on or troubleshoot a number of system alerts and run frequent routine health checks on the system and provide ideas on improvements to alerts to proactively pre-empt an incident
- Provide support in regard to deployments and testing, providing meaningful feedback and physical intervention as and when necessary.
Key Skills, Personality Traits and Requirements:
- 2 years’ experience working in an IT support environment
- At least 1 year experience working in a similar position with exposure to various troubleshooting responsibilities
- Computer Science / IT related qualifications would be beneficial
- Proficiency or qualification in desktop PCs hardware troubleshooting
- Initial understanding of MS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and Active Directory
- Initial understanding of Linux systems
- Initial understanding of SQL
- Production level experience with Atlassian product (JIRA and Confluence)
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Ability to think outside the box and provide initiative
- ITIL certified or experience working in ITIL environment
- Interest in sports and sports wagering