Our client, a multi-platform media group (in esports & gaming), are looking to hire a Senior Security Engineer to join their team on a remote basis on the East Coast USA. The client’s service offering includes a unique combination of esports content, streaming technology, gaming platforms, data analytics and intellectual property.
As a Security Engineer you will be responsible for the cybersecurity posture across the client’s various platforms. You will create their security protocols and training, implement, and monitor automated security tools and assist teams to mitigate any security vulnerabilities.
- Plan, develop, document, implement, maintain, and track the performance of the company's cybersecurity strategy and security measures to protect the company’s infrastructure and information assets.
- Educate and train staff on cybersecurity policies and best practices.
- Configure, implement, and operate tools that test and monitor systems/networks for security vulnerabilities, irregular behaviour, compromises, and intrusions.
- Lead various privacy initiatives to adopt industry standards such as ISO, PCI, CCPA, and GDPR Compliance
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Infrastructure teams to ensure security is included in all products via code reviews, audits, and other procedures
- Participate in agile DevOps process including scrums, sprint planning, and peer code reviews
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation to troubleshoot and mitigate production security issues
- 5+ years relevant work experience as a Security Engineer or in related position
- Proven experience developing and maintaining security processes and systems
- Extensive knowledge of web/mobile application, network, operating system, and database security
- Extensive knowledge of security systems including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems and intrusion detection and notification systems
- Experience working with on-prem physical infrastructure and cloud infrastructure like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Excellent critical thinking, troubleshooting, problem-solving, decision making, and triage skills to determine how to prioritize any issues found
- Ability to work independently and take ownership and initiative on tasks
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!