This role would join the growing global based team where the successful candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting environment using the latest technologies. You will be comfortable working within an agile and creative development environment on a wide variety of exciting products and features, reacting to constantly evolving and rapidly expanding markets.
You should be passionate about quality with a proactive mindset. You will also need to work successfully in a fast-paced environment across many different platforms. This role will be expected to contribute to feature development along with helping us to build a team of QA engineers with strong automation skills.
You will be working closely with QAs, developers, product owners, and other stakeholders throughout the Software Development Life Cycle. This will require key skills to write test cases, assess what to automate, and help mentor and coach our QA analysts to contribute to automation.
The individual should have an understanding of Software Development Life Cycle processes and the QA lifecycle and methodology along with proven experience in coaching peers.
Excellent written and spoken English is critical as you will be required to communicate with colleagues, line managers, and occasionally large multinational clients.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Working with QA Analysts in squads you will be mentoring them through planning, prioritization, and writing of automated test cases against the strategy, best practices, and direction from the QA manager and Automation QA Team Lead.
- Creating and owning automated testing solutions for Mobile and APIs.
- Create automated tests to cover all levels of the test pyramid.
- Support the team in understanding test estimates for planning, and provide metric analysis and reports on the quality of the product being produced. Particularly around planning in automated testing tasks within a sprint.
- Collaboration with stakeholders, developers, and product owners to ensure transparent communication.
- Delivery of solutions according to business requirements.
- Being an SME within your project area to facilitate understanding on a technical level within the squads you will be interacting with.
- Driving best practices in all aspects of testing and software development.
- Mentoring team members into better automation testing principles.
- Strong knowledge of software testing and test methodologies
- Proven experience in building automated test solutions for web and mobile testing.
- Strong experience with automation testing tools like Cucumber, Appium, Playwright, or similar.
- Experience with BDD methodology and Gherkin Language
- Experience in testing applications using SQL databases
- Acute attention to detail
- Experience and aptitude in creating test scripts cases using BDD and then automating appropriate tests into new or existing frameworks.
- Understanding how to implement ATDD or TDD strategies
- Able to prioritise according to client and commercial needs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Actively challenge, encourage and champion better quality standards.
- Good knowledge of different phases of test life cycle
- Strong logical/analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Positive, can do attitude
The following skills/experience would be beneficial
- Experience with online gaming on both web and mobile platforms.