About the client
The client is a new mobile point of sale platform and payment aggregator, enabling businesses to perform all of the necessary actions to carry out a standard electronic transaction. The platform also accepts a multitude of different payment methods using a web and app-based technology platform.
We’re developing a ground-breaking product with our customers at the core. We have funding from the leading names in tech investment and a visionary leadership team. We want everyone who joins us in this remarkable adventure to have the autonomy to masterfully develop their expertise.
We’re looking for a Senior QA Analyst to join our development team to lead testing and help improve our offering. You’ll have a passion for pushing high standards, and be used to centering your thoughts around users as you analyse new builds and features found throughout the client product. The engineer will work remotely from London.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth experience working as a QA Analyst, forming a core part of your development team. You’ll have also worked alongside junior members of your team, mentoring them, and nurturing their skills to ensure a high standard of quality across a product.
This position will give you the exciting opportunity to work closely with experienced C-level officers of the client whilst executing on the company’s vision. You will have the opportunity to work with and guide a growing and diverse workforce in the UK, Bulgaria, and the USA as you engage in your day-to-day tasks. An ideal candidate will be motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment.
We’re a varied team: some of us are graduates, some never went to University, some have startup experience, whilst others come from corporates and consultancy firms. As long as you love learning and problem solving, we’d like to speak with you.
The Client Platform
Our back-end (written in Kotlin) exposes a GraphQL API and uses PostgreSQL, PostGraphile, Docker and Kubernetes. Our app is built using the Ionic framework, Angular and uses the Capacitor runtime.
What your day will involve
- Designing and setting up a full automated end-to-end testing system, with support for driving tests both from the frontend and backend. Some manual testing will be required in the time before this system is up and running.
- Working with the product team in ensuring that the the client experience maintains a high standard of quality, using A/B, data-driven, or in-person user testing where required, to validate results.
- Ensuring that all product features are developed in a testable manner to confirm that requirements are met and can be validated.
- Leading the development & use of both exploratory manual and automated testing methods to analyse the client features for bugs, issues, or for suggesting improvements.
- Constructing automated tests based on previous testing paths.
- Prioritising issues to be fixed by engineers based on potential impact to users.
- Using the client logging tools and databases to locate potential points of failure.
- Providing engineers with clear, written instructions for issue replication to assist debugging.
- Enabling junior testers to carry out their work as efficiently as possible by assisting in both problem solving and professional development while they grow in their own capacity.
- Collaborating with test leads and Devops in the planning of test cycles to ensure well-placed end-to-end, feature-specific, and smoke tests.
- Engaging in sprint planning with the product team, committing to timely testing of features, and helping the development team to prioritise within sprints where necessary.
- Joining senior members of staff and the business development team to demonstrate test builds of new features.
- Leading to ensure the timely shipping of a world-class product and achieving a high standard of quality in the process.
- Championing quality and user experience throughout the organisation.
You should apply if
- You are an overachiever who has a strong orientation for results, seeing all your ideas to fruition.
- You have experience setting up automated end-to-end testing driven by both backend and frontend.
- You are interested in a culture built on putting our users first, thinking rigorously, working transparently, and delivering high-quality, impactful work.
- You have entrepreneurial DNA: flexible to changes, eager to learn, proactive, resilient to failure, and persistent in making an impact.
- You have a keen eye for detail, paying great attention to even the smallest issues, constantly looking for ways to improve.
- You have strong experience working with databases, specifically using SQL.
- You are used to industry tools such as Jira.
- You have an interest in the FinTech space, ideally in Payments.
- You are bold, tenacious, and have a track record of achieving what others thought was impossible – not only within your job but throughout your entire life.
To apply please send me your CV: anissa.farih @pentasia.com