We are looking for an experienced Senior PHP Developer whose main responsibility is managing back-end services and the interchange between servers and users.
Malta and Serbia are the preferred locations for this position but contracting options can be considered.
- The Senior PHP Developer's primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database,
- Integrations in Wordpress and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- Back-end work on APIs, Wordpress Blocks and Plugins, together with assisting designers with the front-end development on CMS (Wordpress)
- Collaboration with other developers and designers to discuss work and requirements through JIRA
- Constant monitoring the quality of code, while fulfilling the tasks to a high standard
- Understand business requirements and convert them to a solution design
- Code the design together with other developers from the team
- Hold code reviews and ensure high standard of code quality
- Work on revising and developing data-crunching algorithms
- Deploy your code to live environments
An ideal profile:
- A degree in Computer Science, or skills and experience to match
- Strong experience in web development together with experience with server-side and client-side application development
- Excellent command and experience using PHP (frameworks would be a great plus)
- Experience with working with relational databases & NoSQL database
- Advanced knowledge of RestAPI architectures
- Experience with Git and/or other SCM system
- Solid knowledge of GitHub Solid knowledge of WordPress functions, plugin APIs Experience with Composer
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Familiar with working in Agile teams