Are you a News Editor, with experience working on a top crypto news site? Looking for a flexible, remote role so you can work from anywhere in the world?
Have a strong editorial background in crypto – that includes being able to write reactive stories on price movements or other breaking news, as well as tackling long-form analytical pieces, conducting interviews and sourcing data-driven stories?
You are passionate about generating traffic through engaging, informative, SEO-optimised content?
Are you well organised, experienced in outsourcing a varied range of content and able to track its delivery & quality?
If you answer yes then read on
Our client has its roots in affiliate marketing, but they have expanded to become the owner of one of the leading crypto media networks globally. This is a key part of their wider diversified media and technology business.
Their crypto sites are incredibly valuable to the business portfolio. They are therefore looking for a candidate who can demonstrate deep and extensive editorial expertise in crypto.
As the new Chief News Editor you’ll be playing a vital role in the team, where you will be contributing to the key profit centre of the company – SEO & Content.
The main area of responsibility will be news on one of their largest sites , but work on other websites and internal projects would be expected.
The role requires evening and weekend work, as it is a position running one of the busiest news desks, where instant, up-to-the minute reaction is necessary.
- Publishing, editing and proof-reading content with the main focus on News content (breaking news, news themes, finding trending topics, reacting and anticipating to industry trends, developments, events and news)
- Make sure content guidelines and style sheet is correctly implemented and managed across the newsdesk
- Manage the overall news content on the site; analyse and assess what you have and strategies for improvement
- Develop and maintain industry contacts, including conducting interviews and sourcing data-driven editorial content
- Lead a team of writers/editors, liaising with outsourced writers and freelancers to order content
- Conduct keyword research and create content plans
- Supervising the ongoing professional development of the news team with training and other guidance as required
- Collaborate with SEO team to deliver key objectives
- Optimising content for SEO
- Flexibility and talent to contribute and lead on copywriting, producing press releases and other PR for internal crypto projects.
The role is to run a busy news desk and grow the team as needed. If this sounds of interest then please get in touch for a confidential chat.