My client is a Global Multinational in many sectors, they have a focus on telecom payments and marketing. They are looking for a passionate and skilled Senior Development Lead to manage their Java Developer team, as they continuously improve the application stack for their mobile payments products. This is a contract position. The role can be based out of one of their offices in Milan or Düsseldorf. Otherwise it can be remote, however it does require regular visits their offices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Lead a group of up to 15 Java Developers of varying experience levels to develop features and maintain reliable and reusable Java code for their application stack
- Troubleshoot problems and find innovative approaches to solve them efficiently
- Design and conduct code testing to harden the components before releasing
- Discuss requirements with product developers to provide optimal solutions
- Accept challenges to improve the quality, stability and performance of our applications
- Prepare technical documentation and contribute in group knowledge-sharing opportunities
- Contribute comprehensively to a massive program of change(s) and take responsibility in the execution and implementation of these changes
WHO YOU ARE
- 7-10 years of hands-on experience in Java development teams, with fluency in Java, Kotlin, and Node.js
- Must have a proven track record of running small technical teams, while acting as a go-to tech person within the broader organization
- Prior experience implementing large-scale changes within technical teams
- Innate capacity for leadership, coaching, and mentorship
- Strong expertise in Spring Framework (in particular MVC, Data, HATEOAS, Security, Cloud, Boot)
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (MongoDB, Elastic search)
- Good exposure to data brokers and streaming software
- Understanding of and professional experience with containerization (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Experience in agile software development (SCRUM, Kanban)
- Strong problem solving and good communication and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or similar preferred
WHAT MAKES THE COMPANY SPECIAL
- They care. They're slightly obsessive. They sweat every detail. They fight for what they think is best for the company and their customers.
- They put our money where their mouth is - They own their words. They own their actions. They own their mistakes.
- They solve problems - You won't find them waiting around for someone else to fix a problem, if they can get their hands on it first.
- They won't sacrifice the future for a quick win - They wait for the second marshmallow.
- It's all about the people! - Relationships over transactions
- They like the challenges and they love the risks.