Multinational B2B supplier of gambling software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions is looking to hire a SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER as a permanent addition to their growing team in their Sofia based office.
You will be an enthusiastic, motivated and confident developer who will work directly with key stakeholders and closely with cross-functional development teams to deliver world-class software, meeting the highest standards of technical certification.
What's in it for you?
- Very attractive salary
- 25 days holiday + public holidays
- Sports Card (access to more than 120 sports centres in Sofia)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Gift vouchers
- An opportunity to work in a multinational established global company with a start-up feel
You will be involved in all aspects of Java development. This will involve working with technical colleagues, project managers and business owners to develop and maintain a multi-tier platform.
You are expected to take ownership of development tasks and provide estimates and documentation for the chosen solution. Support will form part of the responsibilities and will involve liaising with internal personnel to help investigate and resolve issues.
- Taking lead development roles on projects, including making architectural decisions, and taking responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- Working with project managers, business owners, and external customers to implement new projects and functionality in a fast paced agile environment
- Maintenance of existing code including bug fixes and optimisations
- Enhancing our back-office tools, including identifying and implementing enhancements for teams such as Customer Services and Account Management as well as development
- Identifying root cause of incidents to improve operational efficiency and deliver suitable solutions
- Documenting developed solutions.
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years of experience with Java (preferably Java 8)
- Clean coding methodologies (SOLID, YAGNI)
- Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Extensive experience with REST
- Good understanding of microservices architecture and DDD (Domain Driven Design)
- Unit testing frameworks (Junit, Mockito)
- Git, Maven, Jenkins
- Event driven architectures based in RabbitMQ or Kafka
- NoSQL (Cassandra/Mongo)
- In-memory caches (Redis, Hazelcast)
- BDD Concepts
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to various Client corporate cultures
- Demonstrate strong ability to contribute ideas and solutions which will make a real difference to this fast growing business in the exciting and evolving US gaming market
- This role may require travel, as mutually agreed from time to time. International travel to other European offices may be required to facilitate training with other team members