Market leading Esports Operator need talented Senior Java Devs
- Client is still in it's first few years but has had tremendous and impressive growth, NASDAQ listed company with excellent technical level, benefits package, company culture and growth opportunities
To begin with, your first projects are likely to involve:
- Vendor integrations. Take data from a source, convert into an internal format and pass into a message bus from where it could be consumed by multiple internal systems.
- Provide some game-related data to their customer-facing system or directly to a front-end.
- From there you would likely move into business critical systems such as modelling and risk management.
Your initial timeline
- 1 month - You will be accustomed to internal systems, you will know them inside out and be able to create a scaffolding for an application (integration or data source)
- 2 months - You will work collaboratively with stakeholders and vendors to implement the most valuable features. The application will be in production with the applicable non-functional quality features (reliability, scaling).
- 6 months - The original app in question will be completed. You will likely switch to another application (in the same or different domain)
Role Requirements and Responsibilities:
- The client uses Java, Python and Scala, a combination of these and associated libraries would be ideal.
- You are comfortable communicating directly with stakeholders and working independently. You will be given initial business-level requirements, then you will read documentation, raise issues with stakeholders and provide some prioritization/planning suggestions for vendor features. You’ll have good creative autonomy in defining actual backlog and stories and therefore create and manage tickets yourself.
- You should be familiar with operational aspects like quality management (usually testing), monitoring and alerting. They’ll help you to onboard with the tools they use if you need this and provide suggestions and ideas during development. But you should be able to prioritize metrics, logging and other observability data based on the specifics of your application.
- 3+ years relatable industry experience ideally in a finance, high-tech or gaming multinational organisation.
- 5+ years working in a Software engineer role.
- Business process and structure experience to create solid project frameworks for success.
- Clear and engaging communication skills.
- Ability to work within teams locally and virtually.
Nice-to-have (but not required):
- Expertise with distributed systems
- Passion for code and application quality.
- Willing to take risks, fail fast and iterate quickly.
- Experience with integrating (consuming or producing data for) third-party vendors.
- Team lead experience.