One of the most profound and established Pentasia partners is on the lookout for a Senior Java Developer to join them on the ground in London.
The successful candidate will work within the Java team and be involved in all aspects of Java development.
Our senior members are expected to take ownership of development tasks and provide estimates and documentation for the chosen solution.
It would be fantastic if you can demonstrate strong ability to contribute ideas and solutions which will make a real difference to this fast growing business in the exciting UK gaming market.
- Working with project managers, business owners, and external customers to implement new projects and functionality in a fast paced agile environment.
- Taking lead development roles on projects, including making architectural decisions, and taking responsibility for the full development life cycle.
- Maintenance of existing code including bug fixes and optimizations.
- Identifying root cause of incidents to improve operational efficiency and deliver suitable solutions.
- Enhancing our back-office tools, including identifying and implementing enhancements for teams such as Customer Services and Account Management as well as development.
- Documenting developed solutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of experience Java (preferably Java 8)
- Clean coding methodologies (SOLID, YAGNI)
- Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Extensive experience with REST
- Good understanding of microservices architecture and DDD (Domain Driven Design)
- Unit testing frameworks (Junit, Mockito)
Additional info: Excitedly, this role may require travel from time to time. International travel to our client’s European offices may be required to facilitate training with other team members.
- Event driven architectures based in RabbitMQ or Kafka.
- NoSQL (Cassandra/Mongo).
- In-memory caches (Redis, Hazelcast).
- BDD Concepts.
- Performance monitoring and tuning.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Confident, strategic thinker.
- Strong presentations skills.
- Demonstrates ability to adapt to various Client corporate cultures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution.
- Demonstrate strong ability to contribute ideas and solutions which will make a real difference to this fast growing business in the exciting and evolving US gaming market.