My client, a leading International Entertainment company is on the lookout for a Senior Graphics Designer to join their team in their office in Los Angeles, California.
This position is to work closely with the Senior Management along with the wider team to produce top quality graphics features and solutions, as well as driving innovative research into the latest graphics i.e. hardware ray-tracing.
The Senior Graphics Designer will be responsible for the design, implementation, debugging and maintenance of the graphics systems and tools, this would be for both real-time engine and offline usage. Specific focus would be on 2D image processing, LOD, streaming and shaders.
- Develop clean, efficient, and well tested code
- Graphics feature development (design, decision, implementation, test)
- Debug, profile, and improve CPU and GPU code
- To mentor and guide junior engineers
- Carry out research into future cutting edge graphics technologies
- A Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in C++ software engineering; including OOP, data structures, and algorithms
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in graphics engineering; including knowledge of modern graphics APIs
- At least one shipped application or game where you had a significant contribution to the graphics system and features
- Excellent math skills, in particular trigonometry and linear algebra
- Good knowledge of computer and GPU hardware architecture
- GPU profiling experience with an understanding of knowing, exactly when, exactly what, and how to optimize
- Excellent debugging skills
- Very good verbal and written communication skills
- Be self-motivated and proactive with excellent problem solving skills
- A good understanding of shader programming languages as well as experience with compute shaders
- Experience with Vulkan and/or DirectX12 as well as other modern graphics or compute APIs
- Good knowledge of Virtual Reality rendering techniques
- Passionate about computer graphics and low-level hardware
- Experience with point cloud and volumetric data rendering techniques (desired)
On offer is an excellent and appropriate remuneration package as well as a benefits package which includes Medical & Dental Insurance along with a solid 401K plan.