An international Pentasia client has a new opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to become part of the IT Gaming Team.
As an applicant you can be based anywhere within either the UK mainland, the Isle of Man or Spain - remote working will be accommodated. Be part of a team working with a wide array of techniques, tools, platforms languages and frameworks.
The task at hand and what you'll need to do:
- Using Agile or Lean processes and methodologies to plan and execute work.
- Creating and reading requirements specifications and diagrams (application, networking, data flow etc)/
- At least one programming language (compiled or interpreted)
- Making reusable (well parameterized) and readable scripts (any scripting language)
- Git repositories
- Writing or running unit tests, integration test and performance tests
- Up time probes and health checks
- Pipelines as code
- Package Managers like NPM or NuGet
- Compiling code
- Multi-stage Docker files
- Docker Registries
- Infrastructure as code using tools like Terraform, Pulumi, Azure ARM or AWS Cloud Formation
- Immutable infrastructure
- Least privilege and service principles
- Semantic versioning
- Common release patterns like blue green, rolling updates, canary releases etc.
- Response automation based off events like logic app applications based off an alert.
- Creating sustainable alerts which do not cause alert fatigue.
- Site reliability engineering experience
- Communicating ideas and concepts people with varying roles and experience
- Communicating the results of investigations with varying roles and experience
- Willingness to coach and mentor colleagues to help improve their skills
- Writing and maintaining documentation