Our client, a leading supplier of high-quality, online gaming products, is looking for a Senior Devops Engineer. The engineer will work remotely from the UK.
The candidate would be collaborating with development teams throughout the lifecycle of applications and microservices (inception and design, development, deployment, operations, and refinement) as we transition to a DevOps culture and break up our monolithic platform. The successful candidate would be adding value in the following areas:
- Design, build and optimize applications' containerization and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Deploying in-house applications to AWS public cloud with a focus on automation and hardening and ensure that solutions are secure.
- Undertaking traditional Linux systems administration tasks.
The candidate will be joining a small team and will work autonomously, taking ownership and managing their own time effectively.
The candidate would work closely with the Infrastructure Manager, IT Director, and the Product Teams, being responsible for:
- Responsible for the design, delivery and maintenance of platform and application development.
- Third line support.
- Research new systems and technologies.
- Resolving development and production related issues.
- Respond quickly to security notifications and make improvements as required.
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ensuring ISO27001 compliance in accordance with internal policies and external audits.
- Provides Technical Design Authority to the wider business
Takes part in the out of hours support (subject to separate agreement)
Required Skills and Experience:
The following demonstrable skills and experience are required:
- Experienced with container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- In depth knowledge of Linux/Unix Systems Administration (Centos).
- Experienced with deploying containerized applications to Kubernetes (FluxCD, Git, Docker)
- Good knowledge of AWS (EC2, Route53, Cloudfront, S3, ECR)
- Experienced in implementing CICD pipelines using Jenkins and Git(Bitbucket).
- Good scripting skills with Python and Bash.
- Hands on experience of building Docker containers.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
The following skills and experience are desirable:
- Splunk or ELK.
- Windows server/Active Directory Administration
- Atlassian applications (JIRA/Confluence/Bitbucket)
Hours of work:
Core hours: Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:30 (except Bank Holidays)
- 24 days annual leave
- Pension plan (auto enrolment)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
After successful completion of 3 months’ probation period the following benefits will apply:
- Employee Cash Plan
- Life Assurance
- Training & Development
- Company Events
To apply please send me your CV: email@example.com