Our client, that brings innovation and inspiration to the world of magazine publishers and consumers by delivering the ultimate digital reading experience on any device, is looking for a Senior Devops Engineer.
The role is fully remote.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us build, improve, and scale up our hosted infrastructure, ensuring service availability and service levels expected of a world-class IT company. We’re an ambitious bunch and need someone experienced in large-scale web application deployments. Configuration management and security should be top-of-mind and rolling out globally redundant, auto-scaling environments should excite you. If you are up to the challenge of solving real-world problems for big-name clients in an exciting startup environment, we’ve got a great opportunity for you.
What you’ll be doing:
• Reporting directly to the Infrastructure Lead.
• Managing all infrastructure deployments, both internal and cloud based.
• Working with other systems and database administrators in the systems group to maintain the service levels of all systems.
• Managing servers, applications, and all internal software used by the company.
• Defining configuration management and deployment procedures, including post-release monitoring and risk analysis.
• Coordinating, planning and deployment of major software releases, feature enhancements and bug fixes with various development groups.
• Recovering applications in the event of a hardware or software failure and working on an on-call basis with other system administrators.
• Attending to system alerts on an on-call basis.
• Working with the systems administration team to complete capacity planning and scalability tests.
Your required experience:
• Minimum of 4+ years relevant work experience
• Strong Linux / Networking skills
• Experience with cloud services (AWS)
• Experience with AWS ECS (K8s is a plus)
• Experience with IaC (terraform)
• Prior experience with configuration management (Ansible)
• Experience with PHP or Python or any high-level programming language is a plus.
You’ll fit right in if you:
• Are enthusiastic and self-motivated with good decision-making skills.
• Speak up! We’re very open here, and we want to hear your opinions and ideas about how we can extend our products and do things better.
• Collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced agile environment.
Why you’ll love working with us:
• We are a technology company, and we invest in technology!
• We lead our sector of activity and are always facing challenging new projects.
• We have a highly skilled team so you can learn from your colleagues: knowledge sharing is strongly encouraged and lived. We do team tech meetups every now and then to investigate promising technologies.
• Training budget for those books and courses that will benefit the client and you.
• Agile/ Scrum way of working and philosophy.
• You will be part of a multicultural team, working with different countries and time zones.
• We have a fun, friendly & international work environment.
• Flexible working hours and availability of work from home.
We offer great benefits including:
• Open space office in Barcelona with awesome views.
• Team-building activities.
• Free digital magazines.
• Fresh fruit, tea & good (unlimited) coffee.
We offer a competitive salary package and a flexible salary plan including:
• Health Insurance Program.
• Meal, Public Transportation Card & Nursery.
To apply please send me your CV: firstname.lastname@example.org