Our client, a fast-growing company in the iGaming industry, are currently looking to hire a Senior Data Engineer.
The client is an advanced technology group for online mobile gaming companies, some of the largest mobile gaming sites in the world.
The group creates leading-edge security technology utilizing data analysis, game theory optimal algorithms, and AI to ensure game integrity. The Data Engineer will support the software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing the company’s data architecture to support their next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS ‘big data’ and SQL technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer behaviour, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience with big data tools: Databricks, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres/MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow/etc
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, ECS, MSK, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, ksqlDB, Kafka streams etc.
- Experience with python and golang
- Experience with writing tests (unit / integration / acceptance)
Next steps: Apply with your CV and we will contact you soon!